|Boat shed reopening!|
The wait has been worthwhile!
On 22 December, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Adelaide and Patron of Adelaide University Sport, Professor James McWha, officially re-opened the Boat Shed before a large group of Boat club supporters and special guests. He also formally announced that the facility will be officially named the Barr Smith Boat Shed in recognition of the generosity and vision of Mr Robert Barr Smith, who donated 750 pounds to build the Shed over 100 years ago in 1909.
On behalf of the University and the Sports Association, the Vice-Chancellor commended the Boat Club on its persistence and enthusiasm in helping to achieve the renovation, and thanked the many club members who volunteered their time to the project as well as various club benefactors for their financial support.